THE P.A.U.S.E METHOD AND SHIFTING YOUR LENS
WHAT CAN I DO FOR YOU?
Every day we come in contact with other human beings and how we “see” them determines how our interactions will go. Are you able to see the person in front of you with a clear lens or is your lens clouded with expectations, assumptions and judgments that can disconnect you from them? This disconnection can isolate us from the possibility of learning from that person, hearing them clearly or being heard clearly and above all the possibility of a peaceful and productive interaction.
My talks are designed to give you tools to clear your lens by shifting your perspective to seeing the possibility in your relationships; even the ones that are difficult. This practice is helpful in the workplace, in your personal relationships and even with strangers who may push your buttons. You can get the positive results you want from responding from a peaceful mindset, verses one that is angry, frustrated and disconnected. We all have challenging people in our lives but we don't have to let them keep us from our own potential for productivity and peace.
Please call me at 401-225-3553 if you have any questions or would like to book a talk.
PAUSE and Shift your Lens- Finding peace and possibility in challenging relationships
- This talk takes you through my journey in finding ways to see others through a variety of lens. The practice of observing others through the lens of my camera for so many years guided me in being as mindful at looking, with the camera down. When my adopted son came into our lives at eight years old, he challenged me to no end and I had to put this practice in place just to get through the day. Ultimately though, by seeing him with my clear lens and by getting curious about the greater possibilities in our relationship, I was able to keep him in our home despite his extremely disruptive and violent behaviors. This talk starts with an interactive "looking" exercise with some of my photographs and moves into an inspiring story that includes ways to use what I have learned, and apply them to your own challenging relationships. I have linked my Tedx talk as an example of a shorter presentation which can be expanded upon for a longer program. Enjoy.
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
1. Tools that enable you to recognize when you are stressed, anxious or essentially living in the past or future and not in the present moment where actions can be taken. This helps you become a better listener, clear thinker and calm responder.
2. Relaxation breathing and an introduction to meditations that can be done anywhere, to help get you centered and clear headed quickly and easily.
3. Ways to shift your “lens” around negative situations or people and turn them into opportunities for growth and positive outcomes.
4. The 5 step PAUSE METHOD to guide you in challenging moments.
BUDDHAS IN THE BOARDROOM
- This talk will explore what it means to slow down and look carefully at yourself and how you operate in the world. I will introduce the P.A.U.S.E. method and practice with you some meditation techniques, exercises in listening and speaking with focus and clarity and raise your awareness around all that is possible for you in relationship with yourself and others. This workshop is perfect for sales teams, corporate environments, teachers, parents, caregivers and with children.
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
1. An awareness in your body when you are becoming angry, anxious, distracted, frustrated or annoyed so that you can learn to respond with compassion and productivity towards the person you are with.
2. Methods that help you relax and calm yourself in stressful situations.
3. An understanding of your emotional triggers and how to work with them.
4. Ways to shift your “lens” around negative situations or people and turn them into opportunities for growth and positive outcomes.
5. Help you become more focused, clear, creative, curious and attentive to the people in your life.
6. You will discover that all of this is not as hard as you think. It's just a matter of becoming aware. LETS HAVE SOME FUN WITH THIS.
PLEASE CONSIDER FINDING AS A GIVE AWAY AT YOUR CONFERENCES OR MEETINGS. IT MAKES A GREAT GIFT FOR PARTICIPANTS. PLEASE CHECK OUT FINDING BY CLICKING HERE.
CONNECT WITH ME
TEDx NEWBEDFORD TALK: Friday, November 4th, 2016at the Ziterion Theater NewBedford, MA. CLICK HERE TO WATCH MY TED TALK
To schedule a workshop or presentation: please call 401-225-3553 or email me at
ADIDAS SALES TEAM
RHODE ISLAND SCHOOL OF DESIGN
SALVE REGINA UNIVERSITY
20/20 MENTORING IN ACTION
JAMESTOWN ART CENTER
BRYANT WOMEN'S SUMMIT